hosting xap on S3, while using webclient RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have seen similar theads to this, but not this exact question.  But, please excuse me if I am a bit repetative.

I would like to host my xap files on S3.  However, the html that loads the xap file is on my own server.  I have no problem getting regular xap's to load.  However, some of my xap's use the WebClient to call web services that are on my own server (that is from the same server that hosts the html document that links to the xap file from S3).

Is what I am trying to do even possible?

Thanks,

-Adam

Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:34 AM

Answers

• Neverind, I figured out the problem.  My policy xmls were not able to be found on my dev machine, but it works fine when it goes live...  just needed the policy xmls configured correct.

Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:21 PM

All replies

• Sorry to ask you, what is S3? is it any device?

Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:56 AM
  • By S3, I was referring to Amazon S3... sorry for any confusion.  But basically, the fact that it is on S3 is pretty irrelevant.  Just that the xap is hosted on another server...

Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:20 AM
  • Neverind, I figured out the problem.  My policy xmls were not able to be found on my dev machine, but it works fine when it goes live...  just needed the policy xmls configured correct.

Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:21 PM