none
Detecting read emails from EWS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a C# Outlook Addin and am trying to detect when a user recently read an email while the desktop outlook was not open (for example they could have read it from outlook mobile). Ideally, I would have been able to restrict the inbox folder items to look for all read items with a recent lastModificationTime when the desktop outlook is relaunched, but it turns out this property is not updated when a user reads an email. So if they just read an email from a few days ago, the lastModificationTime would still be a few days ago (as opposed to a few minutes ago). Is there any recommended+performance-sensitive way to check for emails a user recently read while the desktop outlook was closed? 

Thank you,

-Alper 

Thursday, April 5, 2018 9:34 PM

All replies

• No, as you have already discovered, read/unread status is not considered part of the email itself and changing does nto update the last modified date. This is done to support per-user read/unread state (e.g. for the Public Folders).

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

• Proposed as answer by matthewbordas Thursday, April 5, 2018 11:23 PM
    Thursday, April 5, 2018 10:45 PM
  • Hi Alper Vural,

Is your issue solved?

I find that you did not follow up this thread after posting the issue.

If your issue is solved then I suggest you to post your solution and mark it as an answer.

If your issue is still exist then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:27 AM