GridView Sorting RRS feed

• Question

• What is a best way to allow a user to resort a Gridview from a click event.

My initial sort is set as follows in XAML using the ItemsPath

<CollectionViewSource
                x:Name="groupedItemsViewSource"
                Source="{Binding Groups}"
                IsSourceGrouped="true"
               ItemsPath="SortedTopItems" 
        public IOrderedEnumerable<PictureViewModel> SortedTopItems
            {
                get
                {
                    return TopItems.OrderByDescending(p => p.StartDate).Take(3).OrderByDescending(p => p.StartDate);
                }
            }
    Can I change the ItemPath if so how or maybe there is a better way? I was hoping 8.1 added new methods for sorting a GridView / ListView on higher level?

Thank you

• Edited by Andy Sid Sunday, January 12, 2014 6:42 PM
    Sunday, January 12, 2014 3:23 AM

Answers

• First, let me say that posting over the weekend, then bumping the post before business hours will automatically result in a lower viewcount for your post.

Sorting the list should be as simple as reordering the underlying list, then rebinding the collectionvieesource to the list.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:55 PM

All replies

• Can someone help with this please?
    Monday, January 13, 2014 3:45 AM
  • First, let me say that posting over the weekend, then bumping the post before business hours will automatically result in a lower viewcount for your post.

Sorting the list should be as simple as reordering the underlying list, then rebinding the collectionvieesource to the list.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:55 PM
  • Thanks Matt. I must remember also I am on New Zealand time so a bit out of sync work hours to others.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:04 PM