May I install Visual Studio 2017 developer version in my office ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Currently I am learning new stuff and I needed to install Visual Studio 2017.

Is it OK to install visual studio community 2017 (under individual developer license) in my office ?

Note : I already have installed same in my personal PC at home.

is it violating license ?

Maharajan

Monday, December 4, 2017 1:24 AM

Answers

• Get permission from your employer. If you intend to use anything you learn for your employer then they will need to comply with Microsoft's legal requirements. If you don't intend to use anything you learn for your employer then they might not like you to use system(s) to prepare to leave them. However probably your employer must comply with Microsoft's legal requirements.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Proposed as answer by litdev Monday, December 4, 2017 9:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nonki Takahashi Saturday, December 16, 2017 4:19 AM
    Monday, December 4, 2017 8:24 PM
  • As long as your employer is Ok with it and you are not an enterprise (see definition in below link) up to 5 users at your company can use community editions freely.

Check out the 4th and 5th bullet points under the 1B section at the start of the document.

https://www.visualstudio.com/license-terms/mlt553321/

Monday, December 4, 2017 9:18 PM

All replies

• This question has nothing to do with the Small Basic language!

You should find another forum (e.g. see the "Top related threads in the left menu.

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

Monday, December 4, 2017 10:32 AM
    Answerer
  • Get permission from your employer. If you intend to use anything you learn for your employer then they will need to comply with Microsoft's legal requirements. If you don't intend to use anything you learn for your employer then they might not like you to use system(s) to prepare to leave them. However probably your employer must comply with Microsoft's legal requirements.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, December 4, 2017 8:24 PM
  • As long as your employer is Ok with it and you are not an enterprise (see definition in below link) up to 5 users at your company can use community editions freely.

Check out the 4th and 5th bullet points under the 1B section at the start of the document.

https://www.visualstudio.com/license-terms/mlt553321/

Monday, December 4, 2017 9:18 PM

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thank you for your answer. I got it.

Maharajan

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 1:14 AM