Cant edit promoted fields in sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to change promoted field in Sharepoint but Infopath makes it read only while publishing it.  The thing is Drop Down Field in Infopath form has different values and it is bound to Sharepoint Choice Column having different values. After publishing that Sharepoint Column has become readonly but now user wants to change choice values of that sharepoint column.

I thought about removing that Infopath field from property promotion but it also removes that corresponding Sharepoint field, which is having values for already submitted items. 

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Dhaval Raval

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:27 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

I understand that you are publishing a form to a form library and bind a drop down list control to an existing choice column. I have a test based on your description, since the Choice column is created in browser and exiting form have choice values. After you publish the form to SharePoint, the choice column in the Edit Properties column will work at the same time as the drop down list control. That means the different value will not overwrite each, they work together.

That means when you click Edit Properties for the form, the old values bonded with the choice column will work. When you open the form to edit it directly, the new values in the drop down control will show up. When adding the prompted field, you need to check ‘Allow users to edit data in this field by using a datasheet or properties page’.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:44 AM