Modifications for training site template for upload material RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the Training Site Template from the Fab 40 templates in MOSS 2007. I found a couple of bugs in them and ways to resolve them are also provided by many users. However one of the bug that I see it that, If two training/courses have same title and I upload material for one course, it gets displayed in both. I am not proficient in xslt so am seeking help from the experts. Here's a short description of what MS has done:

The are trying to display course materials for a particular course with the help of xslt. The details are provided in blog post http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sharepointdesigner/archive/2008/07/04/training-site-template-part-3-custom-views-and-forms.aspx. When we navigate to the section Window shopping, it describes how they are trying to display the course material.

Here's the xslt source for quick reference:

<xsl:template name="GetCourseMaterials">
        <xsl:param name="Rows" />
        <xsl:choose>
            <xsl:when test="count($Rows) &lt;= 0">
                None provided <em>(instructors, <a href="../../Course Materials/Forms/Upload.aspx">upload here</a>)</em>
            </xsl:when>
            <xsl:otherwise>
                <ol>
                <xsl:for-each select="$Rows">
                    <li>
                        <a href="{@FileRef}" mce_href="{@FileRef}">
                            <xsl:value-of select="@Title" />
                        </a>
                    </li>
                </xsl:for-each>
                </ol>
            </xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:choose>
    </xsl:template>

<xsl:call-template name="GetCourseMaterials">
        <xsl:with-param name="Rows" select="/dsQueryResponse/Course_Materials/Rows/Row[@Course = ddwrt:AutoNewLine(/dsQueryResponse/Courses/Rows/Row/@Title)]" />
    </xsl:call-template>

I am not sure what condition are they checking before fetching all rows for a particular course. Can anyone please help in checking the xslt.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 9:09 PM

All replies

• Since its been a long I did not receive any replies, modifying the question a bit. Is it possible to make the dropdown items look unique by concatenating two fields, say name with date of event?
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:52 AM