Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am using Windows 8 RTM and VS 2012 professional. I am getting this error sometime. To resolve this, currently I am rebooting the PC or killing and opening explorer.exe. Is there any better solution ?

Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. An internal error occurred with error 0x80073D05. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=235160 for help diagnosing app deployment issues. (0x80073cf6)	

Monday, October 8, 2012 5:58 AM

Answers

• problem is "visual studio is not able to delete the application data in local folder"

so when you go in the location C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages you will find application data of app installed in your computer

now you need to find your app's applicaion data and delete the folder. folder name is same as the package family name which you can see in your solution.

now again open the solution and rebuild and your app will run. ^_^

Note -> 1. close visual studio and simulator before deleting the folder.

2. make sure that your account is set as administrator.

• Proposed as answer by Prateek Jaiswal Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xyroid Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:39 AM
    Monday, October 8, 2012 3:27 PM
  • All people have the same problem.

See this:

Adventures in Windows 8: Solving activation errors

Sara Silva

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:43 AM

All replies

• problem is "visual studio is not able to delete the application data in local folder"

so when you go in the location C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages you will find application data of app installed in your computer

now you need to find your app's applicaion data and delete the folder. folder name is same as the package family name which you can see in your solution.

now again open the solution and rebuild and your app will run. ^_^

Note -> 1. close visual studio and simulator before deleting the folder.

2. make sure that your account is set as administrator.

• Proposed as answer by Prateek Jaiswal Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:35 AM
    Monday, October 8, 2012 3:27 PM
  • What to do if account is not set as administrator ?
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 4:40 AM
  • If you do not have administrator privileges then you will not be able to access folder. so any how you need administrator  privileges.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:31 AM
  • All people have the same problem.

See this:

Adventures in Windows 8: Solving activation errors

Sara Silva

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 7:43 AM
  • I was developing my app in VS2012 SP4 and ran into this issue. The install had been botched at some point. Tapping the app icon in Start gave me a prompt to go to the Store. I clicked "Go to Store" and Windows Store "repaired" the app. I was then able to uninstall it and deploy my dev version.

This worked in Windows 8.1. I don't know if the Windows 8.0 Store app will perform the same repair tasks.

Good luck!

Best,

-Auri

Check out "Fu" for Facebook uploading in Win8! | Author, Hacking the PSP & Geek My Ride | President, The Auri Group, LLC, www.aurigroup.com | Blog: http://auri.me

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:51 PM
  • Thank you.
    Sunday, April 20, 2014 9:29 AM
  • Thank you.. its worked..
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:33 PM