How to add Default text to a Multline Text box in sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created a list in sp2010 . It has some columns. One of those columns I have taken as Multline Text box. When I am about to add some default text to it. I am getting error

Thanking You

Remember Past Challenge Future"

Friday, May 18, 2012 1:11 PM

Answers

• Out-of-the-box you can not set a default text on a Multiline Text box.  What are you doing to cause the error?

I have not attempted this myself but, I can think of two ways you should be able to accomplish this:

1. If you have SharePoint 2010 Enterprise you can edit the list form in InfoPath.  Using an InfoPath form will give you the ability to set this.

2. You could add a javascript function on the "New Item" form that would add the desired text to the multiline control.

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, May 25, 2012 8:21 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 1:49 PM

All replies

• What is the error you are getting?
    Friday, May 18, 2012 1:15 PM
  • Out-of-the-box you can not set a default text on a Multiline Text box.  What are you doing to cause the error?

I have not attempted this myself but, I can think of two ways you should be able to accomplish this:

1. If you have SharePoint 2010 Enterprise you can edit the list form in InfoPath.  Using an InfoPath form will give you the ability to set this.

2. You could add a javascript function on the "New Item" form that would add the desired text to the multiline control.

• Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Friday, May 25, 2012 8:21 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 1:49 PM