Excel addin an other addin does not load when opening directly from excel but shows in active addins RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am developing an excel addin. The add in has various features (such as calling web services and rendering). All works fine invoking from Visual Studio.

But when I open excel directly the add in does not load. Along with it, The Power View, Power Query, PowerPivot add ins also do not load. When I go to options --> Addins I can see my add-in as well as the above addin in the "Active application addins". When I go to COM addins I can see them selected as well.

What I then need to do is unselect them , again to to options--> addins and select them again. This time it loads.

Again if I close and open excel the add-ins disappear and I have to do these steps again.

I have no idea what is causing this. Any suggestion would help. I have Excel 2013 Click to run 64 bit version on Windows 10.

- Girija

Please mark responses as answered if it helped you.. This helps others... - Girija Shankar Beuria

Friday, October 30, 2015 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hello Girija,

Do you get any UI errors? 

By default, if an VSTO Add-in attempts to manipulate the Microsoft Office user interface (UI) and fails, no error message is displayed. However, you can configure Microsoft Office applications to display messages for errors that relate to the UI. You can use these messages to help determine why a custom Ribbon does not appear, or why a Ribbon appears but no controls appear. See How to: Show Add-in User Interface Errors for more information. 

Friday, October 30, 2015 9:22 PM
  • Hi Eugene,

I did the steps and checked the checkbox to show Ui message, but no error is shown, but the behavior is the same.-

- Girija

Please mark responses as answered if it helped you.. This helps others... - Girija Shankar Beuria

Saturday, October 31, 2015 10:28 AM
  • Try to reproduce the issue with a newly created empty add-in project. Does it work correctly? 
    Saturday, October 31, 2015 11:50 AM
  • Hi Girija,

Please check the LoadBehavior entry.

You could try to change the value to 3 and check the result.

# Registry Entries for VSTO Add-ins

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb386106.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396  

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 2, 2015 7:32 AM