managed object on stack cause crash

Question

• I met crash by access violation when I use managed class object on stack.
    Suppose Class1 is defined in class library written in C# and use it from
    C++ source in metro style app project something like
    {
    	Class1 c;
    	c.Method();
    }

c.Method() call success but access violation raised after exiting the scope.
    It is crashed at pUnknown->__cli_Release() in __cli_winrt_ptr_dtor(const volatile Platform::Object^ const p) 
    and debugger says "0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xCCCCCCCC."
    Monday, January 30, 2012 9:00 AM

Answers

• This should be considered a bug in the Developer preview. Could you please file this using the feedback tool instructions? It generates an internal product bug for tracking these issues.

Thanks,

-David

Thursday, February 02, 2012 2:20 AM

All replies

• This should be considered a bug in the Developer preview. Could you please file this using the feedback tool instructions? It generates an internal product bug for tracking these issues.

Thanks,

-David

Thursday, February 02, 2012 2:20 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

At first I read the instructions but I could not understand where I can get the tool.

I found http://www.mywindowsclub.com/resources/5092-How-report-bugs-Windows-Developer-Preview.asp and install the tool, then I did submit a report (I wonder the report is accepted or not since I get no feedback).

Friday, February 17, 2012 1:08 AM
  • I appreciate you posting the bug and your perseverance in finding the tool. Unless you received an error submitting it, then it was added. There is not a feedback loop for these bugs.

Sorry for the extra legwork you had to do to find the tool. If you run into a problem like that again, please post back. This is the template I would have provided for someone not a part of the Connect program.

Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we
    get the right info including your log files.  Can you also submit feedback
    using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your
    Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an
    MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included
    on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. 
    There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on
    to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber
    follow this limited use link
    to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Thanks,

-David

Friday, February 17, 2012 11:10 PM
  • Yoichi Nakayama,

Can you please update the MyWindowsClub.com link you have given in your answer to the following correct url?

http://www.techulator.com/resources/5092-how-report-bugs-windows-developer-preview.aspx 

The domain MyWindowsClub.com is changed to Techulator.com due to a domain dispute and so I am trying to avoid having a broken link above.

Moderators, please delete this request after the broken url is changed.

• Edited by T-John Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:55 AM
    Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:54 AM