Calendar Event RRS feed

• Question

• User-285177289 posted

Can anybody help to solve this error? I cannot get it through when go to the Events_Calendar.aspx page!  Please! 

Server Error in Application.

String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.]
       System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles) +2136382
       System.DateTime.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider) +26
       System.Data.ConstNode..ctor(DataTable table, ValueType type, Object constant, Boolean fParseQuotes) +544
       System.Data.ExpressionParser.Parse() +1168
       System.Data.DataExpression..ctor(DataTable table, String expression, Type type) +123
       System.Data.DataView.set_RowFilter(String value) +172
       ControlSample.EventCalendar.CreateDataBoundChildren(DataView dv, Table table, DateTime todaysDate, DateTime visibleDate, Calendar threadCalendar) +387
       ControlSample.EventCalendar.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding) +185
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +58
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +123
       System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +29
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +129
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +69
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +41
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1787

Monday, October 24, 2005 11:29 PM

All replies

• User-674462724 posted
    Hello,
       I also had the same problem, and let me guess you live in the UK too. I got curious when i looked at the error and read it was a date error and
    instantly realized that microsoft was based in the US and therefore the starter kit was probably made in the us. This made me think that the date
    format would be MM-DD-YYYY and our date format is DD-MM-YYYY therefore when you tested the site it must have been a date like
    20-10-2005 or in american format 10-20-2005 this in american format is not possible because there is no 20th Month. So just to cheak my
    therory i changed my regonal settings to be in the US and sure enough it worked and ran fine without "the error". I have still yet to find a way of
    changing the format and would be interested if you could help me aswell.

Hoped this helped,
                                  The 15 year old wiz-kid >>> A.K.A >>> James Barlow [:P]
    Sunday, October 30, 2005 6:46 PM