Software architecture reference books RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I am looking for a godd books reference based on software architecture design guidle line. Not from pure theorycal stuff but more based on real customer experience on what works and what is not working. Taking in account software volution and so on.

Does any one have good reference to point me out to that ?

My goal is to staret to get better knowledge and experience on apprved software architecture design to go for an architect role

Thnaks for help

regards

Friday, July 27, 2018 9:01 AM

All replies

• You really should read some of the theoretical books. The theory is the result of an accumulation of thousands of years of experience from many experts.

You really should learn to program. If you try to design a system without knowing how to program then the developers will not like what you do. They won't like the inexperience. Theoretically you don't need to know how to program but in reality it is important.

I am not sure of what you are trying to find. Perhaps you can look for books with "Case Studies"; I think that is one way of saying what I think you are saying.

The following might be a couple of web pages that are like the type of thing you are looking for. Certainly there are many more but I don't know of any, I would have to search for them.

When I searched for system design case studies I found Case Studies — Case Study Club that might help but I did not find as much as I thought I would. You might get help from the IEEE; the web site is IEEE.org. The article JISE - V23 - N2 - Teaching Case: Directors Guild of America Health Plan Eligibility: An IS Analysis and Design Case might be the type of thing you are looking for but I did not download the article.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Edited by Simple Samples Saturday, July 28, 2018 1:57 AM merged other reply
    Saturday, July 28, 2018 1:31 AM
  • Thnaks for the info,

I am an experienced programmer for over 25 year now :)

I try to get my foot on Architect. I have alread implemented some architcet ure design, but I am investigating of ore others experience in that field through different reading.

regards

Monday, July 30, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Then I think you are saying that you can find the "pure theoretical stuff" but you are asking if anyone has suggestions for books describing actual projects. Well yes it is more difficult to find books with good descriptions like that.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Monday, July 30, 2018 8:49 PM