none
Windows 7 on Virtual PC 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I didn't find a better forum for this question, please, fell free to move it to a better place.

Is it possible to install Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits on Virtual PC 2007 SP1? In my case, it starts the installation then ask for a Driver and didn´t go on. I already disable the network card on VP but nothing.

TIA
    Marcos Galvani
    MarcosGalvani
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Marcos,

In the release notes of Virtual PC 2007 SP1 at http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/f/4/8f44a346-1f62-4bb2-b957-7508ea1f7d80/relnotes.htm , it doesnt talk about support for Windows 7 as a Guest OS. Keeping this aside, are you installing the OS from a iso file (Local or Network Share) or a physcial CD/DVD Drive?

Rgds
    Ak
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:41 AM
  • Hi,

I noticed that too, that is why I asked here. I am installing from a ISO file.

Take Care
    MarcosGalvani
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

Its asking specifically for a boot-critical driver during the setup and this could be either for the storage controller or network card driver (if the ISO is on a network share or the VHD is to be located on a network share). Is the prompt for drivers coming at the point of Partition Selection screen or is it immedatiely after you click on Install Now?

Ak
    Friday, December 18, 2009 5:30 AM
  • Hello,

I am not sure, the ISO file is located in my C:\ drive and the VHD is locate on C drive too. The message appears after I click the Install Now.

It says:

Load Driver

A required CD/DVD drive device is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, Cd, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.
    Note: If the Windows Installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step.

By the way, I take the DVD media and it is installing now.

TIA
    MarcosGalvani
    Friday, December 18, 2009 11:41 AM