none
download the .NET Native preview installer RRS feed

• Question

• I want to convert my .NET application into Native code.so I'm searching that .NET Native preview installer and Ngen.exe installer in Internet,unfortunately i didn't get that  file.

So please tell me Where can I  download  the .NET Native preview installer  and Ngen.exe ???

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 7:52 AM

All replies

• Maybe Ngen.exe it is already present. Search in these subfolders:

• C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64
    • C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 9:46 AM
  • Thank you @viorel

I changed the post build Event Command Line into this (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ngen.exe  install $(Targetpath)) ,And then i build  , it throwing  error like ("The Command "Ngen path install Target path" Exited with code -1 "

How i fix this error ???...

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 11:43 AM
  • Hi digitgeek,

>>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ngen.exe  install $(Targetpath)) ,And then i build  , it throwing  error like ("The Command "Ngen path install Target path" Exited with code -1 "

Please make sure your passed parameters to  Targetpath is right.

Here I found a blog:https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/clrcodegeneration/2010/04/27/ngen-getting-started-with-ngen-in-visual-studio/

Please have a look. Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:11 AM
  • yes , I followed the same article but i couldn't fix the issue . My target path is correct.i have one question

1. My Solution Explorer has 5 project.So i need to  change the all project post  build event or any one of them changes is enough ?

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 5:37 AM
  • Hi digitgeek,

Someone also meet this error,

The command "C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727ngen.exe install
    "C:myprojectpathmyproject.dll"" exited with code -1.

Here is the reply from Jeeves: did you try "-verbose" option in ngen? Also "Fusion Log Viewer" can be used during 'ngen' as well to examine the logs.

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 30, 2016 8:14 AM