Can't run published ASP.NET framework web app won't run RRS feed

• Question

• User1167734619 posted

When I browse app I get:  error is HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory."

But when I open IIS Manager to adjust the web site, there is no web site shown.

When I did IIS Manager's "Connect to server" for local host, I get "Could not connect to the specified computer. Details: Unable to connect to the remote server"

The IIS Manager window, under Connections on the left only has "Start page" and nothing else...no "Sites", "Default Web Site", nothing else.

Using Windows Server 2019 IIS on AWS EC2 virtual.
    Visual Studio 2019 Pro

Saturday, May 18, 2019 7:11 PM

All replies

• User-1174608757 posted

Hi doug@soft-factory.com,

According to your description,firstly, for the  error  HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.It means that you have no rights to visits the folder.You should add rights by enable "Directory Listing" for the web site or Set default document. You could see as below:

You should enable this module.

Then for error  Could not connect to the specified computer. Details: Unable to connect to the remote server,you need to install the IIS Management Service then you could check the “Enable remote connections” option in Management Service section.Here is the link , I hope it could help you.

http://woshub.com/remote-iis-management-in-windows-server-2012/

Best Regards

Wei

Monday, May 20, 2019 2:04 AM