Projection Rotation Animation Issue in windows 8.1

Question

• Hi ,

I have tried to create a translate animation with projection to flip the control,

the animation is working fine in windows 8 , but in windows 8.1 the projection is not working .

i have uploaded the sample code in skydrive, please find the link attached

on clicking start in the application 2 storyboards run 

1)Swipe and Rotate

swipe  animation is applied to the  xaml objects panel1 and panel2 

on completion of swipe the flip animation is called on the "flipgrid" object in the xaml  but the animation is not working,

2) Rotate animation is applied to the xaml object named "canvas" which is working .

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=AAA2A33D9C4F7026%21295

Monday, June 2, 2014 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi - I don't have a Windows 8 machine, so I am not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing in this project.  Can you explain?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, June 2, 2014 7:43 PM
  • Hi Matt,

The issue is in windows 8.1 machine not in windows 8.

The Projection animation (Rotation X ) is not working correctly in windows 8.1. 

screenshot

In the image you can see rotate and rotate with translation. the rotate animation is animating the RotationX property but the animation is not working,

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:38 AM
  • Yes, I understand. I have a Windows 8.1 machine but not a Windows 8 machine for comparison. I'll look into this.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 1:16 PM
  • This app is flaky. Sometimes the animation works, sometimes it does not. I tested both W8 and W8.1 and they both act the same for me.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:29 PM
  • Hi matt,

I tried in windows 8 here, its working fine , however can you tell if am doing anything wrong in the soryboard animation.?

Thursday, June 5, 2014 9:51 AM
  • Please do me a favor: post a video of the behavior on your Windows 8 machine and another video of the behavior on your 8.1 machine to youtube and share the link.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:31 PM
  • Hi Matt,

I will share and post the link

Friday, June 6, 2014 4:46 AM