Filtering Pivot Table by list of values RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to write a macro code to filter a cube pivot table for example by specific product in Excel 2007 using VisibleItemList property.

On the last statement I am getting an error: Run-Time error'1004' The item could not be found in the OLAP Cube.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

Thank you for contacting "Innovate on Office" forum!

We provide support on advisory issues for MS office 2007 where we address "How-to" questions. The issue submitted by you requires troubleshooting, that’s why this forum is not the right place to post your issue.

Depending upon your partner level, you have the following three options available to use our services:

1.     Purchase an incident pack.

2.     Contact the main-stream support team of Excel in Microsoft.

3.     You can call Customer service representative (CSR) at 1-800-936-5800 X 88987

OR

- Use one of the incidents available to you.

OR

- Visit https://partner.microsoft.com/global/supportsecurity/technicalsupport/40014662

Thanks, 

somondal-msft.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:56 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

Thank you for contacting "Innovate on Office" forum!

We provide support on advisory issues for MS office 2007 where we address "How-to" questions. The issue submitted by you requires troubleshooting, that’s why this forum is not the right place to post your issue.

Depending upon your partner level, you have the following three options available to use our services:

1.     Purchase an incident pack.

2.     Contact the main-stream support team of Excel in Microsoft.

3.     You can call Customer service representative (CSR) at 1-800-936-5800 X 88987

OR

- Use one of the incidents available to you.

OR

- Visit https://partner.microsoft.com/global/supportsecurity/technicalsupport/40014662

Thanks, 

somondal-msft.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:56 PM
  • I am trying to write a macro code to filter a cube pivot table for example by specific product in Excel 2007 using VisibleItemList property.

On the last statement I am getting an error: Run-Time error'1004' The item could not be found in the OLAP Cube.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Running into the same problem. There's possibly several version of pivot tables, and these pivot can get into compatibilty mode (ie, older classic ones) when you try to copy them from one sheet to another.

Then the visibleitemlist will not work anymore.

If you record a macro, the code will record as Addpageitem instead of Visibleitemlist for 'normally' created pivot tables.

no solution in sight yet.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 2:44 AM