none
IE 8 on Windows XP - Clustering - Script unresponsive RRS feed

• Question

• We are having issues with bing maps ajax libraries and IE 8 on Windows XP. These issues do not exist for our IE 9 or IE 7 users but we can replicate consistently with IE 8. The error is the lovely :

Stop Running this script?
    A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer might become unresponsive.

This error displays after only 10 seconds or less and when debugging seems to happen within the V7ClientSideClustering.js when it calls cluster() inside pinLayer.SetData(). We get this error even when only trying to render ~100 pushpins if clustering is set to a low level (10px). If I set the clustering to 100px the error won't occur until I'll zoom out to have a much larger count of pushpins.

Any ideas why this would only occur on IE 8 or how we could prevent this would be greatly appreciated.

• Edited by plsDev Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:18 PM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:17 PM

Answers

• This module was actually developed on IE8. I've just gone through and tested it again and am unable to reproduce any performance issues. When clustering 100 pushpins the processing will only take around 100ms, if that. If it is taking 10 seconds then there is likely an issue somewhere else in your code or with the data you are passing into the module.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:35 AM