I want run my project in other computer. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a visual studio c# project using CCR and DSS, it connects some services and it runs correctly. But now I have to give it to my teacher but when I try to compile and run it in other computer it fails. The problem is something about the path or something like this, but when I try to solve it changing the paths, it doesn't matter and it continue failing.

Please, could  someone tells me what is the problem? How can I solve it?

I read something about the DSSDeploy, with this tool, I can do a deploy package of my project and take it to the other computer and run it in the other right? I haven't tried it, but I suppose it is easy to do, right? 
    But I'm interested in distribute my project complete, because my teacher wants to see the code.(like I can see the tutorials and the samples...)

thanks!!

• Edited by Crispulina Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:31 PM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi!

you have to use tool "dssprojectmigration <path_to_your_folder_project>"

iagsav

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:30 AM
  • OK! Thank you for your answer! this has been very helpful! I've done this with some projects and it works well, but I tried the same with a project which has a SimulationEngine Partner and when I'm was going to run it, it didn't work!

Do you know why it happened? the migration was fine but not the running...
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:44 PM
  • You cannot migrate a project with simulation engine partner.

Please see the following thread.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/roboticssimulation/thread/8589EC38-17A6-48A5-9224-71518AB9BDF9

Friday, May 24, 2013 6:04 AM
  • Ok, so...I have installed MRDS in the other computer, neither with this pre-requisite,can I run it? In the other thread, Trevor said that maybe if I include explicity  the dll it could run... but, How I include dlls explicity? And which one I need to include explicity?

if I can't migrate it...how could I run a project with simulation in other computer? or this is not possible??  Because, for example when I installed the MRDS it comes with a samples folder, it contains simulation examples...and I can run them... so really it's possible to run projects in other computers...or not?

Friday, May 24, 2013 6:57 AM