none
Unable to create container on Azure Storage Emulator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to create a new container using REST API on the Azure Storage Emulator.

The base problem problem seems to be with the usage of the Shared Key, when I create a container in the explorer and use SAS authentication it works fine for the other operations.

Using Fiddler the request appears to be correct, i want to create the container testcon2:

PUT http://localhost:10000/devstoreaccount1/testcon2?restype=container HTTP/1.1
    Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
    Autorization: SharedKey devstoreaccount1:Eby8vdM02xNOcqFlqUwJPLlmEtlCDXJ1OUzFT50uSRZ6IFsuFq2UVErCz4I6tq/K1SZFPTOtr/KBHBeksoGMGw==
    x-ms-version: 2015-02-21
    x-ms-date: 2019-08-13
    Content-Type: application/json
    Content-Length: 0
    Host: localhost:10000
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)

But I get this response:

HTTP/1.1 404 The specified resource does not exist.
    Content-Length: 223
    Content-Type: application/xml
    Server: Windows-Azure-Blob/1.0 Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
    x-ms-request-id: 3397c05b-74ff-46d3-85f2-1a9254b9294c
    x-ms-version: 2015-02-21
    Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 14:49:03 GMT

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Error><Code>ResourceNotFound</Code><Message>The specified resource does not exist.
    RequestId:3397c05b-74ff-46d3-85f2-1a9254b9294c
    Time:2019-08-13T14:49:03.0413223Z</Message></Error>

If I correctly understood the documentation, stingtosign is not necessary when using the emulator, but I tried using it instead of the default key but got the same error.

Any help appreciated.

Regards.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:59 PM

Answers

• Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Just for clarification: Have you referred to the suggestion mentioned in this SO thread.   

Note: Adjust time (turn off and then on automatic time adjustment).

Refer to the suggestion mentioned in this MSDN link

Additional information: See Also: Create Container

Refer How Azurite open-source emulator for blob storage 

Azurite is the future storage emulator platform. Azurite supersedes the Azure Storage Emulator. Azurite will continue to be updated to support the latest versions of Azure Storage APIs

If the issue still persists, please share the screen shot of the error message or error code

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:41 AM

All replies

• Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Just for clarification: Have you referred to the suggestion mentioned in this SO thread.   

Note: Adjust time (turn off and then on automatic time adjustment).

Refer to the suggestion mentioned in this MSDN link

Additional information: See Also: Create Container

Refer How Azurite open-source emulator for blob storage 

Azurite is the future storage emulator platform. Azurite supersedes the Azure Storage Emulator. Azurite will continue to be updated to support the latest versions of Azure Storage APIs

If the issue still persists, please share the screen shot of the error message or error code

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:41 AM
  • @Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:29 AM
  • @Patronus Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 5:54 AM
  • @Patronus Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, August 26, 2019 7:02 AM
  • Hello Sumanth,

I had to work on another project for a while, and am now back to azure.

I've followed your advise and moved to azurite, it works great! Thanks for the tip.

Regards.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 4:24 PM