Web service returns data, but app times out RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have a web service that returns a dataset.  It is being called by as VS 2005 app on a MOSS server.  If I reset the web service IIS after each call from the app, it works fine, otherwise the app gets a timeout error.

I added logging to the web service and have confirmed that the dataset is returned to the client within 20 seconds.  The timeout on the client is set to 240 seconds. 

The code snippet:

Dim ContAcct As New ContributorWebService.ContributorWS()
    Dim dsC As DataSet
    dsC = ContAcct.AcctInfoRead(intAcctNum)

While waiting for this to time out, I can get a dataset back using a browser, so I know the link between the server and client is good.

There are 4 developers on my team.  2 have the problem, 2 do not.  We have not found any differences between our systems.

Any ides on what could fix this?

Thanks
    Rod
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 7:46 PM

Answers

• John,
    You are correct, there is another thread on the same topic.  This one should probably be closed.

There is a work-around that will do for now, but I am hoping to get the ultimate answer.  The work-around is to add

<add name="Remote.Disable" value="1" />

to the web.config file. 

The real issue is 'VsDebuggerCausalityData' is being added to the SOAP post.

Thanks
    Rod
    • Marked as answer by Rod Leon Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:47 PM
    Monday, February 16, 2009 5:58 PM

All replies

• Rod, I apologize for not having replied here. I don't know why, but I only just saw this post.

I believe we've discussed this elsewhere, but don't recall the status. Is this still a problem, or did you find a solution?
    John Saunders | Use File->New Project to create Web Service Projects
    Friday, February 13, 2009 9:33 PM
  • John,
    You are correct, there is another thread on the same topic.  This one should probably be closed.

There is a work-around that will do for now, but I am hoping to get the ultimate answer.  The work-around is to add

<add name="Remote.Disable" value="1" />

to the web.config file. 

The real issue is 'VsDebuggerCausalityData' is being added to the SOAP post.

Thanks
    Rod
    • Marked as answer by Rod Leon Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:47 PM
    Monday, February 16, 2009 5:58 PM