Storing documents and zip files RRS feed

• Question

• User1481030129 posted
    Hi,

Does someone has some experience with storing data in a database, including image files and afterwards exporting the data in 1 or multiple PDF files and afterwards zipping the PDF files into zip files?

I have some data that I would like to export to PDF files including images and afterwards would like to compress in 1 file.

Is this something that possible and what is the best solution for this?

Thank you in advance for your support!
    Bartvn
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:18 AM

All replies

• User1508394307 posted

You need to split your question into different tasks

1) store data in a database
    2) create pdf files
    3) create zip files

What task exactly is not clear?

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:32 AM
  • User895691971 posted

Yes, Mike has experience and you can use his experience. 

http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article/148/Save-And-Retrieve-Files-From-a-Sql-Server-CE-Database-with-WebMatrix

Above is the article written by Mike, where he explains that each file in real is saved in the form of binary and extract as binary stream. Image data type is for binary storage, don't think it is going to save the Photo of yours as it is.

You can read the above article, and understand how to save the files in the database and how can you extract it from there. 

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 10:33 AM
  • User1481030129 posted
    Dear all,

Thank you for the information.
    I'm currently storing data in my DB using forms, which works fine , but I'm still stuggling with storing images to the DB.
    I followed the step-by-step approach of Mike's article, but I still recieve the i-convertible message.

What i would like to afterwards is, once i have all info stored through my forms in my DB and also images, is to have a button that exports for a specific client the info including images into a pdf file.

What is the best approach to achieve this?

Thank you for your support.
    Bartvn

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:29 AM
  • User1508394307 posted

I followed the step-by-step approach of Mike's article, but I still recieve the i-convertible message.

Share your code please.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:41 AM
  • User1481030129 posted
    Hi,

I already made another post related the issue of storing the images into my DB:

http://forums.asp.net/t/2001820.aspx?Save+and+Retreive+files+from+SQL+CE+Server

Best regards,
    Bartvn
    Wednesday, September 17, 2014 12:10 PM