none
Visual Studio 2015 - Building a deployment package zip file

Question

• I am trying to create a deployment package as a zip file in Visual Studio 2015.  For some reason the option is not there 
    on the Package/Publish Web tab under Web Deployment Package Settings.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

See screen shot.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 7:46 PM

Answers

• Thanks Jack, that worked.  I was able to produce the zip file I needed.
    • Marked as answer by dtech7 Tuesday, July 05, 2016 1:41 PM
    Tuesday, July 05, 2016 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi dtech7,

My understanding is that it just was the publish option like "Package/Publish web", the real step is that you need to right click your web app in the solution explorer window, and then select "Publish" option.

Reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd465323(v=vs.110).aspx

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, July 03, 2016 9:45 AM
  • Thanks Jack, that worked.  I was able to produce the zip file I needed.
    • Marked as answer by dtech7 Tuesday, July 05, 2016 1:41 PM
    Tuesday, July 05, 2016 1:41 PM
  • The survey link does not work.  When I clicked on the link it said page not found.
    Tuesday, July 05, 2016 1:42 PM
  • Hi dtech7,

Glad to know that you have resolved this issue.

>>The survey link does not work.  When I clicked on the link it said page not found.

Do you mean that you couldn't open the following MSDN document in my previous reply?

How to: Create a Web Deployment Package in Visual Studio

Maybe you could open it for several times, or whether it has certain limitation(Network or others) to visit the English MSDN document in your side. Of course, it is just a reference, if you search documents with title "create a web deployment package in VS", I think you would get more useful information.

Sincerely,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 2:06 AM