How to make Cinema Hall Seat Booking Website RRS feed

• Question

• User2123933828 posted

Hi Friends,

I want to make a website in that website the main requirment is that user can choose the available seats from a layout plan.

I have also a concern that how can i bind the data in seats layout plan & how can i will perform a action on particular seat selection or deselection.

Plesae advice me friends. 

Thursday, January 9, 2014 3:00 AM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

You can construct your layout plan using divs, and make sure that each has a unique id so that you can identify them. You can use jQuery to detect click events and to make AJAX calls to the server. What more do you need to know? 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:59 AM
  • User-1620313041 posted

Being, a single page application, you should use bindings instead of attaching events with jquery. Moreover, if each div is bound to a model you don't need to give any name to each div.

More specifically, if you use a knockout.js single page application framework you may represent each seat with a model. All seats may be arranged as an an array of arrays of seats. The outermost array contains all seat rows, and each row is in trurn an array of seats.

Then you may render this array with two nested ko foreach as an html table. The content of each table cell contain a seat image as background and the number of the seat. Since the semantic is not of tabular data I recommend a css table, that is the simulation of a table with css classes applied to divs.

Each cell is bound the the the model that represent the seat, and you may apply a click binding to trigger the click event that performs the seat reservation...this is the basic idea. YOu may finde more infos on the foreach, and nested foreach in th knockout.js website, and in the live example that you may find there. 

Thursday, January 9, 2014 7:03 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

You can construct your layout plan using divs, and make sure that each has a unique id so that you can identify them. You can use jQuery to detect click events and to make AJAX calls to the server. What more do you need to know? 

Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:59 AM
  • User2123933828 posted

Dear Mike do you have any refrence for it. 

Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:00 AM
  • User-1620313041 posted

Being, a single page application, you should use bindings instead of attaching events with jquery. Moreover, if each div is bound to a model you don't need to give any name to each div.

More specifically, if you use a knockout.js single page application framework you may represent each seat with a model. All seats may be arranged as an an array of arrays of seats. The outermost array contains all seat rows, and each row is in trurn an array of seats.

Then you may render this array with two nested ko foreach as an html table. The content of each table cell contain a seat image as background and the number of the seat. Since the semantic is not of tabular data I recommend a css table, that is the simulation of a table with css classes applied to divs.

Each cell is bound the the the model that represent the seat, and you may apply a click binding to trigger the click event that performs the seat reservation...this is the basic idea. YOu may finde more infos on the foreach, and nested foreach in th knockout.js website, and in the live example that you may find there. 

Thursday, January 9, 2014 7:03 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

Dear Mike do you have any refrence for it. 

No. I have never had to produce a site that manages seating plans, but if I did, that's how I would start. Then I would use Google to find out how to put the pieces together.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 11:37 AM
  • User-1603017765 posted

You can check this one:

http://techbrij.com/seat-reservation-with-jquery 

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:22 AM