read layers from psd photoshop file and create banner (gif file) from each layer RRS feed

• Question

• User-1984968777 posted

I'm preparing to carry a web=based app project that read layers from psd photoshop file and create banner (gif file) from each layer.

This web will display to enduser a gallery of image template (backgound, photo, button images etc).

When enduser create banner, he simply drag and drop (ajax or flash???) that template(s) to banner frame that hit "create bannber" button. After that app

will create that banner (gif file) for him.

Curently I'm confusing to choose PHP or asp.net, so my question is:

- does asp.net can read each layer of psd file then output each layer to seperate JPEG or GIF file?

-  About drag and dropimage to banner frame feature, ajax is better over flash? or  flash is better?

- what is merit and demerit os using asp.net over php in this project?

Please help me. I need your help.

I would like to hear any opinions from you.

THanks in advanced

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:17 AM

All replies

• User-2106054853 posted

Hi,

- does asp.net can read each layer of psd file then output each layer to seperate JPEG or GIF file?

Yes. You can use some library. Please refer to:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/graphics/simplepsd.aspx

Or if you know the format of psd file you can writer your own library.

-  About drag and dropimage to banner frame feature, ajax is better over flash? or  flash is better?

What about Silverlight?

http://silverlight.net/

- what is merit and demerit os using asp.net over php in this project?

It's improper for me to comment on this. I'd like to leave it open for others to comment on.

Sunday, November 2, 2008 10:39 PM
  • User-236433524 posted

You can use 3rd party Aurigma Graphics Mill SDK to parse PSD file, modify image and text layers and merge final image. 

Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:19 AM