none
Why discussion item is openeing Flat.aspx by default? RRS feed

• Question

• In one of the community site, when I click a discussion topics it opens Lists/ListName/Flat.aspx? instead of SitePages/Topic.aspx. It opens SitePages/Topic.aspx in all of my other community sites. How could I set the item to open SitePages/Topic.aspx by default?

Thanks

Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Per my test, the discussion item in a community site would be opened in SitePages/Topic.aspx by default.  I could not reproduce your issue on my end.

You could use some custom js code to redirect the hyperlink.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:50 AM
  • Any clue on how can I achiev it by JS?
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 12:42 PM
  • Hi,

You could check out some examples here :

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/179713/how-to-change-the-href-for-a-hyperlink-using-jquery

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 19, 2019 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything to update? 

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps. 

Have a nice day!

Best Regards, 

Michael Han 

Friday, July 26, 2019 9:28 AM