Create image dynamically with text and exact font RRS feed

• Question

• User956783310 posted

I am trying to figure out the best way to create an image dynamically, filled in with text, and formatted a specific way.  I want the image to be printable, and I have a specific font I need to use for it to look right.  I have done some research and understand the difficulties with embedded fonts, etc., so I am hoping to work around by creating an image that the user can print. 

So two main questions.  If I get the font installed on the host server, will that do the trick? And how can I create an image from scratch?  If possible, give examples in VB, C# makes my head hurt.  Thanks.

Saturday, February 20, 2010 11:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• User187056398 posted

Here is a way:

http://weblogs.asp.net/stevewellens/archive/2008/12/11/stupid-chart-tricks.aspx 

There are many online converters to convert between C# and VB.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 11:28 AM
  • User956783310 posted

Thanks so much for that information, I actually ran across your posting on codeproject just after I posted this thread.  That is very clever of you.  It so happens that I just found the Chart addon this week, which I am using for multiple purposes on my site, so this is even easier than I expected.  It took me longer to find the font I wanted than to make the image! 

Once again, thanks for posting up this great trick, it sure gives you a lot of flexibility.   

Saturday, February 20, 2010 12:23 PM