WS-Disovery, WS-MetadataExchange, and UDDI RRS feed

• Question

•  

What is the best way to catalog and publish all the disparate web services in my organization? We have lots of different environments and platforms (C, PHP, COBOL, Java, C#, SOAP, XML-RPC) and I'd like to centralize a catalog of these services. UDDI has been around a long time, and I wanted to know if it were still the best practice, or should I be implementing WS-Discovery and WS-MetadataExchange for this purpose, or something else?

If WS-* is the way to go, and not UDDI, how do I create my service catalog using WCF?

Thanks,

Mark

Monday, November 27, 2006 12:37 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your feedback Mark. We will evaluate this during our planning for next release.

Thursday, December 7, 2006 7:45 PM

All replies

• Mark - MEX support is something you will be building in each service you are developing.

However Service catalog (repository of services) is something we will be building and continue to improve upon.

So you may want to reconsider the idea of writing your own Service Catalog.

Thanks

Monday, November 27, 2006 8:19 PM
  • This appears to be a common need. Do you know what others are doing? I can imagine something as simple as a single table of URLs to WSDLs would suffice.
    Monday, November 27, 2006 8:36 PM
  • Thanks for your feedback Mark. We will evaluate this during our planning for next release.

Thursday, December 7, 2006 7:45 PM