none
.Net Application closes after multiple calling of ssrs report on the report viewer 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every body!

With .Net framework 2.0 and report viewer 8, sometimes calling report viewer closes the application. I think may be this is related to memory leak, because there are 4 datatables including fairly large data that every time I call the report, they've been renew. and one more thing is I don't use any disposal code to free memory. I want to know if the problem is related to the facts I said, how to solve it and if it needs to use dispose unused objects, how effectivelly do that.

Thank you. 

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:54 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

Are you seeing any exception being thrown?  You can have AppDomain level handling exceptions to see the error info.

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnHandledException += OnUnHandledException

public void OnUnHandledException(object o, UnHandledExceptionEventArgs e)
    {
     //log here
    }
    The exception gives what exactly the problem need to be addressed.

I hope this helps you..

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer". If this post is helpful please click "Mark as Helpful".

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Are you seeing any exception being thrown?  You can have AppDomain level handling exceptions to see the error info.

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnHandledException += OnUnHandledException

public void OnUnHandledException(object o, UnHandledExceptionEventArgs e)
    {
     //log here
    }
    The exception gives what exactly the problem need to be addressed.

I hope this helps you..

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer". If this post is helpful please click "Mark as Helpful".

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:57 AM
  • Hi, Kris!

OK, I'll check it.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:16 AM
  • Hi!

My handler caught: invoke or begininvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.

after that the application closes.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:36 AM