what are the databases supported in windows 8 metro style application? RRS feed

• Question

• Metro style apps supports which database and how do i implement CodeFirst model?

Regards,

Tirumalesh.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:55 AM

Answers

• What language and UI layer are you using for your Windows Store app? If you'll let us know we can move you to the appropriate forum.

Are you looking for a local database option or to connect to a remote database?

The standard local database recommendation is to use SQLite. For remote databases you can connect to anything which supports access via web service.

--Rob

• Proposed as answer by Aaron Xue Monday, December 3, 2012 11:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron Xue Friday, December 7, 2012 8:13 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 7:58 AM

All replies

• What language and UI layer are you using for your Windows Store app? If you'll let us know we can move you to the appropriate forum.

Are you looking for a local database option or to connect to a remote database?

The standard local database recommendation is to use SQLite. For remote databases you can connect to anything which supports access via web service.

--Rob

• Proposed as answer by Aaron Xue Monday, December 3, 2012 11:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron Xue Friday, December 7, 2012 8:13 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 7:58 AM
  • Thanks for the response.
    Yes, i'm looking for local databases like sql express or oracle or mysql, and i'm using c# development (xaml) for my metro style app.

So, is there any other DB except SqLite? and can i apply entity codefirst model for SqLite?

Regards,

Tirumalesh.

Friday, November 30, 2012 9:41 AM
  • In my case I am using VB (XAML) and looking for a way to have several tablets access a common copy of the database either in SkyDrive or on a local shared drive.  Would SQLite work this way?  have also heard VB wrapper for SQLite is slow?  Any thoughts?  Anybody actually try this?

Randy

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:04 PM