none
SMTP with ASP .NET not working -- PTR-EHLO-A roundtrip test maybe? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello

I am running Windows Server 2003 with .NET 2.0. I have setup POP3 and SMTP via IIS (no Exchange) and it is working perfectly. I can send and recieve e-mails via Outlook fine. The problem lies when I try to send e-mails via ASP .NET. The messages get into the message queue folder, dissapear (I assume this means they got sent) but they do not apear at the destination. I am using the same account to send the e-mails via ASP .NET as I do with Outlook, so the account is not the problem (I am guessing). There is no log of e-mails being sent that I can find. When I enter an invalid e-mail address I do get an error in the event log, so I know somthing is definatly happening.

I tried using an external mail server's settings (one that I know works from another site of mine) and that sends the e-mails perfectly, so I know that the code is correct.

My guess is that it is a settings issue or maybe I am missing a header in the e-mail or could the ISP be absorbing them? I have no idea. All help is much appreciated.

EDIT: I have just done some searching on the forums further to this query, and I have stumbled on something called a PTR-EHLO-A roundtrip test. I'm not sure what this is and I have tried Googling it, but I do not understand the respones. from what I gather, this may show up the error that I am getting. Does anybody know how I can run such a test?

Thank you all very much for your time,

Richard Hughes

Monday, November 5, 2007 8:51 AM

Answers

• Just to let you know that I have resolved this issue. It turns out that I had the connection pointing to the wrong DNS servers.

Thank you all for your help and support,

Richard Hughes

Monday, November 5, 2007 11:59 AM

All replies

• Just to let you know that I have resolved this issue. It turns out that I had the connection pointing to the wrong DNS servers.

Thank you all for your help and support,

Richard Hughes

Monday, November 5, 2007 11:59 AM
  •  Hello ,
    i have one issue related to SMTP.. I could not to send 5MB file as an attachment even though i have configured the message size 5mb at smtp server.. Do you have any idea
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:19 PM