none
Consume a Java Based Web Service using Biztalk server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm required to exchange data from my system with that of the client system by making use of the client provided ESB : Biztalk server. Im new to this whole concept of web services and ESB and would like some pointers in the right direction:

1) Are Java based web services a good option to use with Biztalk, or will there be compatibility issues?

2) If web services are created wrt to an ESB, for testing purposes is it possible that we test the web services w/o the ESB involved?

Friday, July 27, 2012 5:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• 1. Sometimes there are compatibility issues, but you can test with or without BizTalk. I find it helpful to test with just a service reference in a .NET project and then you can determine if there are any compatibility issues. Moving the call to BizTalk can either use the .NET reference or you can create a port in BizTalk that makes the web service call.

2. Calling through an ESB is another level of abstraction beyond 1., and I would be sure to have 1. working with BizTalk before moving to calling it or other services in an ESB.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Friday, July 27, 2012 4:42 PM
  • Hi Ben,

" test with just a service reference in a .NET project and then you can determine if there are any compatibility issues. Moving the call to BizTalk can either use the .NET reference or you can create a port in BizTalk that makes the web service call. "

Could you please guide me towards any documentation or tutorials about the same. Since im new i haven't been able to understand where to look.

Thanks

Alpana Tewari

Monday, July 30, 2012 6:07 AM
  • You can refer to the article How to: Add a Reference to a Web Service to know how to add web service reference or can see this demonstration how to use web service reference in C#

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:06 AM