none
Failed publishing screenshots error? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• IF you're gonna submit screenshots to the store when you are uploading your app the best solution would be....

Run your app in Emulator WXGA, so that you can directly get the screenshots in the size of (768*1280), which they are asking for...Then you'll be able to directly upload those...

Cheers :)

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:48 PM
  • I dont have an emulator, I run in phonegapbuild, so I cannot do that.
    Are we allowed to divide up the image, for example, if its 768x1280 show 4 images each one 384x640 so we can show 4 screens on one 768x1280 image?
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:43 PM
  • Now what's phonegapbuild?

Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:19 PM
  • it uses html.javascript, css etc, and makes a web app a native app, you can then deploy across different types of mobiles, rather than having to learn many languages, it even packages them, so you sont have to know all about the sdk for all the platforms.

The question still remains - Are we allowed to divide up the image, for example, if its 768x1280 show 4 images each one 384x640 so we can show 4 screens on one 768x1280 image?

Ill also point out phonegap build outputs files for windows platform as .xap I presume I can open these in a windows phone simulator? But I need windows OS to use simulator? Simulator has screenshot grab?
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:27 PM
  • Hello All,

If you do not have access to the Windows Phone emulator or a physical device to create the screenshots then you may wish to try the Nokia Remote Device Access service, which is free.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Windows 8 UI Developer Support

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:59 PM
    Owner
  • I run the Emulator in WXGA mode but the screen capture only captures the images in 400*800, not 768*1280, which is the resolution I need to submit my app to the Windows Phone Store.  My app was rejected because of this.  I am positive I followed all of the steps correctly (i.e. the steps described in the "How to" Microsoft article).  Can you please advise what I could be doing wrong or what other options are available for the producing the 768x1280 screenshot captures that I need.     
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:11 PM
  • I dunno what's wrong with that, because WXGA is the on which provides screenshots with a resolution of 768*1280....just double check the emulator type which you got the screenshots :)

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:59 AM
  • Thanks, I WAS using the wrong emulator (sorry, my bad).  One final, potential issue --- the emulator displays the "battery line" at the top of my app so it becomes part of the screen capture.  Is this considered chrome and will my app be rejected because of it?  I have searched for hours trying to find a way to suppress the display of this line but I have not found a way.  Is there a way?  Thanks.
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:39 PM
  • NO problem, you can upload with the battery line on your screenshot..

There won't be any issues in the certification regarding that.. :)

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:43 PM