none
Azure Storage Emulator not working anymore after Windows 10 Update

Question

• On my dev machine I have a local install of SQL Server 2014 Express. It has an app DB and a Storage Emulator DB. Both where working fine.

Last weekend Windows Update ran. At least: Cumulatieve update voor Windows 10 versie 1511 voor x64-systemen (KB3116908), Security Update for Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 5.0 (KB2992080),  Security Update for Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 5.1 (KB2994397), Beveiligingsupdate voor Internet Explorer Flash Player voor Windows 10 versie 1511 voor x64-systemen (KB3103688), Update voor Windows 10 versie 1511 voor x64-systemen (KB3122947) were installed.

After this update the server was stopped and Server Configuration Manager was gone. I ran a repair which gave me back the configuration manager. Started the DB. In Server Management Studio I can access as "MyDevMachine\SQLEXPRESS". Both databases are there. When I run my solution I can access the application database just fine. However the emulator START throws an error telling me to start with INIT. With INIT I get the error: Cannot create database. The AzureStorageEmulator.exe.config has never been modified.

What to do?

PS It's fine if I lose the data in any of the databases.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:47 AM

Answers

All replies