ASP.NET Chart axis label/title width RRS feed

• Question

• User2086328891 posted

As I increase the width of my chart based on adding more points to the series, the y axis label/title area width keeps growing.  How can I fix this width?

Chart

Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:07 PM

All replies

• User-1838255255 posted

Hi sbrizius,

According to your description, I am not clear you how use this control and how to set the width of it.

As far as I know, chart control doesn't have this property to set the width of the column.

You could set the chart width. if you want to set the width 100px each column with 5 columns, you could set chart width to 500px.  

I hope you could post the code for us to test, this will better help you!

Best Regards,

Eric Du

Friday, April 28, 2017 6:40 AM
  • User2086328891 posted

Eric, I wish that was the way it worked.  The wider you make the chart, the wider the y axis title and lable region gets.  There does not seem to be a way to keep it from growing.  As you can see in the examples, as the chart gets wider it looks like the chart is moving to the right.  I am trying to find a way to fix the width of the y axis, but it does not seem possible.

Friday, April 28, 2017 3:05 PM
  • User1771544211 posted

Hi sbrizius,

As I increase the width of my chart based on adding more points to the series, the y axis label/title area width keeps growing.  How can I fix this width?

Which kind of ASP.NET Chart do you use?

It seems that you want to make your line chart's width fixed regardless of the number of axis.  This may be different based on different chart and it seems that some charts don't have such settings. So i need first know which kind of Chart do you use now to check how to configure this setting.

Best Regards,

Jean

Thursday, May 11, 2017 7:19 AM
  • User2086328891 posted

I am using both a line and bar chart.  The wider I make the chart, the wider the y-axis gets (more whitespace).  The axis title and value labels also start to pull away form the chart.  There does not seem to be any setting to set a fixed width for the axis labels and title.  It seems to grow proportional to the width of the entire chart.  I wish there was a way to prevent this?

Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:42 PM