Failed to load elevation application RRS feed

• Question

• I keep receiving error "Failed to load elevation application" when trying to install outlook extensions or modify any Outlook 2007 mail profile settings. I have tried unintalling Office 2007, running install as administrator, I even re-imaged the darned machine, I still get the error. I configured the same user mail profile on a loaner machine with no problem. I running XP pro SP3  on a sony vaio vgn-Z670N, Help! I've been trying to resolve problem for a week
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:12 PM

All replies

• Try running the setup under compatibility mode and choose the base Windows XP without any Service pack. This will ensure that you are immune from any bugs introduced by the new service pack SP3.
    • Proposed as answer by Naveen Kolar Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 10:59 AM
  • Thanks Naveen, Sorry I haven't checked the forum in a while, I solved the problem by running combfix, it resolved the problem. Thanks
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 2:42 PM
  • I'm getting same error message when I start OS. Hoping to get an answer from MS support.
    Saturday, March 12, 2016 3:59 AM
  • I also get the same "Failed to load the elevation application" when start win 7, or when  work on some applications , for example Paint 

is there any answer from MS support ? 

thanks 

Stefan

stpreda

Friday, July 1, 2016 8:26 AM
  • I am having this same problem. Anyone find an answer to this? I get the message when starting up Win 7 and also Paint. 
    Monday, August 29, 2016 11:22 PM
  • I also get the same error "Failed to load the elevation application" when start windows 7 or start Windows Photo Viewer
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:15 AM