none
Whats the code to write a text to a online file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello im creating this question to ask on how do i write to a online file mine is dropbox that im trying to do. So my program is that whatever you put in textbox and when you click a button it writes whatever is in textbox1 to the dropbox .text file. Please help me
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 1:14 AM

All replies

• https://www.tutorialspoint.com/vb.net/vb.net_savefile_dialog.htm

If Dropbox is anything like MS's Onedrive or Google's Google Drive where they show up in File Explorer, then the above should work.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 2:46 AM
  • No im not trying to do any savefiledialog or anything you know how you copy link of the dropbox text file i did that.

Cause im making a hwid registered program i know how to do the get hwid part and i knwo where it checks the link of the hwid.txt file on my dropbox but i want now to make a registration so there hwid is in the textbox then when you click register button it writes that hwid to the dropbox hwid.txt file

Thursday, February 1, 2018 2:59 AM
  • No im not trying to do any savefiledialog or anything you know how you copy link of the dropbox text file i did that.

Cause im making a hwid registered program i know how to do the get hwid part and i knwo where it checks the link of the hwid.txt file on my dropbox but i want now to make a registration so there hwid is in the textbox then when you click register button it writes that hwid to the dropbox hwid.txt file

Why are you using DropBox?

What's in the "text file"?

If you insist, they have their own API:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/dotnet

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering

• Proposed as answer by Devon_Nullman Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:32 PM
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:28 PM
  • im using it for a hwid protected program
    Sunday, February 4, 2018 3:50 AM

Perhaps it would be easier to download the file, write to it, and then upload the new revision file?

Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:58 AM

I don't know what that means but the link should help.

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering

Sunday, February 4, 2018 7:31 PM

You are talking about adding HWIDs to the validation file, right?  Do as suggested above : Install the dropbox app to your PC, get the dropbox folder as a local folder, and access the file as a local file to add each new HWID.   All the download/upload is therefore done for you automatically by the dropbox app.

For the app you are distributing the process will be different because the user will not install the dropbox app - you will need to use the dropbox API to access the validation file.

Monday, February 5, 2018 12:32 AM