none
How to trap prints issued RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a component which should be visible under "Devices and Printers" say "ABC Print Driver" along with other printers such as "Epson", "HP", "Canon" etc.

Role of this component is as follows...

1 When some one gives any print by selecting "ABC Print Driver", it should first authenticate the user with User ID and Password against the Active Directory by popping up a dialog

2. Capture the details (document type, size, time etc)

3. Instead of sending it to actual printer, it should upload those files to some FTP server. 

• Edited by lucky shah Monday, March 11, 2013 12:03 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 4:22 AM

Answers

• there are quite a few resources on the web and in this forum that have already answered this question, do a quick search, you will find the answers.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, March 8, 2013 6:33 AM

All replies

• there are quite a few resources on the web and in this forum that have already answered this question, do a quick search, you will find the answers.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, March 8, 2013 6:33 AM
  • Hi Doron, I am very new to this driver development. I read the WIKI tutorials on Printer Driver such as User Mode and Kernel Mode drivers.

I dont even know what I should use (Kernel Mode or User Mode) to create my component which can capture the prints issued and hence re-direct it to some FTP server. 

I did serach the net and I could not find any resource that can help me in starting.

I request you to kindly point me to the article which I can start reading.

Monday, March 11, 2013 12:28 PM
  • I got a link that has some examples

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowshardware/site/search?f%5B0%5D.Type=Technology&f%5B0%5D.Value=printer

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:46 AM