none
PowerPoint Addin crashes Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• I had developed an Addin for PowerPoint, it is crashing internet explorer. Can any body tell me the reason, why the Addin crashes IE.

Lateef Sofi

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Lateef,

>> I had developed an Addin for PowerPoint, it is crashing internet explorer

What do you mean with Addin? Did you develop apps for Office or VSTO? Based on your original thread, it seems you are developing vsto. In my option, there is no directly reference between Add in and IE. Could you share us when did it crash IE? Your simple code and details steps to reproduce your issue would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 2:02 AM
  • Thanks Edward.

I had develooped VSTO for powerpoint. When i run the powerpoint, if i want to use the inernet explorer, it is crashing it. Can you please tell me the reason of IE crash.

Lateef Sofi

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 6:01 PM
  • Hi Lateef,

>> I had develooped VSTO for powerpoint. When i run the powerpoint, if i want to use the inernet explorer, it is crashing it

Is there any code in your VSTO to interop with IE? If you uncheck the add-in in your PowerPoint, and then use IE, will it crash? If there is code interop with IE, I suggest you comment it out, and try again. It would be helpful if you could share us.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 3:00 AM