Deploying an ASP.net MVC5 Web Application Project to a local domain member server RRS feed

• Question

• User842234073 posted

This will be our first Deployment of Asp.net.  We have built an application in MVC 5 using Visual Studio 2015, Update 3.  The app is configured for Target Framework 4.5.2.  We have configured a 2012 R2 domain member web server running IIS8 with Web Deploy and have received a publish settings file to use.  There is a back end database for the application.  The database is on a separate sql server from the start and will be housed on that server even after the application is moved from Visual Studio to the production server.  I am trying to find relevant documentation on how to properly perform the deployment of the web application.  It seems that a lot changes between versions and I have a hard time finding information pertinent to Visual Studio 2015, MVC 5 and Local deployment.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:33 PM

Answers

• User283571144 posted

Hi bashtonmcse,

I am trying to find relevant documentation on how to properly perform the deployment of the web application.  It seems that a lot changes between versions and I have a hard time finding information pertinent to Visual Studio 2015, MVC 5 and Local deployment.  Can anyone point me in the right directio

As far as I know, we don't need set the configuration to change the version when deploying to the IIS.

The IIS use application pool to manage the web application, the application pools version is clr version, not the net framework version.

According to this article, the version number of the .NET Framework doesn't necessarily correspond to the version number of the CLR it includes. The following table shows how the two version numbers correlate.

More details about how to deploy the web application to IIS, you could also refer to below article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/web-forms/overview/deployment/visual-studio-web-deployment/deploying-to-iis 

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/deploying-your-Asp-Net-mvc-5-app-to-iis-8/ 

Best Regards,

Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:51 AM