none
Install content from online - Network connectivity error even if i have the network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have successfully installed SQL server  express advanced services  2014   on  my machine.

my client is SQL management Studio: 12.0.2269.0

My OS is WIndows 7 Sp1

I am using a Home wi-fi operative with full connectivity, with AVG antivirus updated.

I got the error 

"A network connectivity problem occur preventing the operation from succeeding. A network connectivity issue has prevented the application from connecting to the web server for Http://services.mtps.microsoft.com/ServiceAPI/products"

once i try to install content from online (from the top menu>help>manage Help settings>install content from online.

Any of you have experienced the same and has a tip to get rid of this? 

Thanks in advance 
    Paolo

Friday, November 29, 2019 8:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Greenfield70,

Ensure the network is ok,then maybe you could turn off AVG antivirus and retry.

And do you use  Microsoft Help Viewer v1.X in SSMS when you try to install content from online?

For more information about using Help Viewer,please refer to below link:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/sql-server/sql-server-help-installation?view=sql-server-ver15#use-help-viewer-v1x

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 9:42 AM
  • Hi Greenfield70,

If you have resolved your issue, please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:03 AM