Send e-mail when ownership is assigned? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody,

I have a Task list and set the Send e-mail when ownership is assigned? to yes

The subject of the email received consists of the following  List Name+List Title+ "has been reassigned"
    I would like to change the subject of the email from List Name+List Title+ "has been reassigned" to List Name+List Title+ "has been changed"

Any suggestions or solutions for this problem.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 6:01 PM

Answers

• Perhaps you can set "Send e-mail whn ownership is assigned" to false, and then manually create a workflow that sends an e-mail according to your specifications, using SharePoint Designer.
    Visit my blog at blog.beckybertram.com or follow me on Twitter: @beckybertram
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 2:47 AM
  • Hi,

If you did not want to use alert for the list, eventhandler with  customized SendMail logic can be a solution.

You can check the changes of field  “AssignedTo” of ItemUpdating event to send the e-mail, in which you can define the mail title dynamically.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

public override void ItemUpdating(SPItemEventProperties properties)

{

//Use ListItem to get original Value

string originalValue = properties.ListItem["AssignedTo"].ToString();

//Use AfterProperties to get changed Value

string reassignedValue = properties.AfterProperties["AssignedTo"].ToString();

if(your condition)

{

//Here send mail

}

}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

-Aaron.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:27 AM

All replies

• http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepointdeveloperdocs/archive/2007/12/07/customizing-alert-notifications-and-alert-templates-in-windows-sharepoint-services-3-0.aspx

You need to look at:

SPAlertTemplateType.Tasks

Notification of changes in tasks

SSA - http://sharepointblogs.com/ssa
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 6:08 PM
  • I don't want to set up an alert for the list. I am only setting Send e-mail when ownership is assigned? to yes and it will automatically generating email. But, i want to make change to the default subject of the email only.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:02 PM
  • Perhaps you can set "Send e-mail whn ownership is assigned" to false, and then manually create a workflow that sends an e-mail according to your specifications, using SharePoint Designer.
    Visit my blog at blog.beckybertram.com or follow me on Twitter: @beckybertram
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 2:47 AM
  • Hi,

If you did not want to use alert for the list, eventhandler with  customized SendMail logic can be a solution.

You can check the changes of field  “AssignedTo” of ItemUpdating event to send the e-mail, in which you can define the mail title dynamically.

public override void ItemUpdating(SPItemEventProperties properties)

{

//Use ListItem to get original Value

string originalValue = properties.ListItem["AssignedTo"].ToString();

//Use AfterProperties to get changed Value

string reassignedValue = properties.AfterProperties["AssignedTo"].ToString();

if(your condition)

{

//Here send mail

}

}

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

-Aaron.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:27 AM