Deploy Failure of Metro App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, my friends, I met with a strange problem when trying to deploy my Metro App(JS - referencing a WinRT Component).

But when I move the project folder to desktop, this error disappears. What's the reason behind this?

Output Message:

3>------ Deploy started: Project: MySample, Configuration: Debug x86 ------

3>Error : DEP0600 : The following unexpected error occurred during deployment:

3>Illegal characters in path.

3>   at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)

3>   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)

3>   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ImmersiveProjectServices.Shared.AppxLayoutManager.CheckPackageLayoutState(DeployPackageName deployPackageName, String location)

3>   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ImmersiveProjectServices.Shared.LocalDeployJob.GetLayoutState(DeployPackageName deployName, Boolean hasFrameworkDependencies)

3>   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ImmersiveProjectServices.Shared.RegisterAppxLayout.Start(Boolean forceNewLayout, Boolean forceRegistration, NetworkLoopbackState desiredNetworkLoopbackState, Boolean refreshLayoutOnly, String& packageMoniker, String& firstUserAppID, Exception& deployException)

3>Deployment of the application to the target device failed.

========== Build: 2 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:25 AM

Answers

• Found a solution, :)  thanks to this link.
    I believe it's a improvement point in VS 2011 Beta.

A quick fix to the issue is that you create a new GUID from within VS 11, and copy it (without curly brackets), 78E29F9C-2EFA-42D7-A53F-D331A7CD78D3. Alternatively, you can create a new package name by creating a new app and copy the new app’s package name

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:41 AM