none
Getting data from Amazon S3

Question

• Hello guys ! 

I'm having an issue with moving data from Amazon S3 to my Azure Datalake Store using Azure Data factory.

I'm having access to a folder within an S3 bucket bucket/subfolder/. I have only been granted access to the file in the 'subfolder'.

When I execute my pipeline I get the following error :

{
        "errorCode": "2200",
        "message": "Failure happened on 'Source' side. ErrorCode=UserErrorUnauthorizedAccess,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=Access to location of bucket XXXXXXXXXX is forbidden, check whether 's3:ListBucket' or 's3:GetBucketLocation' permission granted to the AWS account.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary.MultipartBinaryConnector,''Type=Amazon.S3.AmazonS3Exception,Message=Access Denied,Source=AWSSDK.Core,''Type=Amazon.Runtime.Internal.HttpErrorResponseException,Message=The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.,Source=AWSSDK.Core,''Type=System.Net.WebException,Message=The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.,Source=System,'",
        "failureType": "UserError",
        "target": "getdata"
    } 

I would like to know if there is a way to move data without having access to the entire bucket?

Many thanks 

Friday, May 11, 2018 12:06 PM

All replies

• Hi, sync with our Amazon S3 owner and she will help you later, thanks for your patience.

Feel free to reference the doc: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/connector-amazon-simple-storage-service .

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:59 AM