docking on the right side RRS feed

• Question

• Some how my VS15's Solution Explorer after clicking on View->Solution Explorer->Dock, the docking takes place at the bottom, but I would like it to be on the right side - where it was before I clicked the X on the Solution Explorer.

Can anybody help?

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:41 AM

Answers

• Dear del,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, the Solution Explorer Dock is at the button of the VS windows, you can fasten it to the frame that you want by clicking and dropping its title bar and dropping it on one of the docking icons that popup, there will be several guide diamonds placed about the screen like the following screenshot-- drag your cursor to the appropriate one and release the mouse button.

What’s more, please see here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4k7zyeba.aspx, follow the instructions of the ‘Docking Windows’ part, it will help you return the Solution Explorer to the right side of the VS windows.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 7:58 AM

All replies

• Dear del,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, the Solution Explorer Dock is at the button of the VS windows, you can fasten it to the frame that you want by clicking and dropping its title bar and dropping it on one of the docking icons that popup, there will be several guide diamonds placed about the screen like the following screenshot-- drag your cursor to the appropriate one and release the mouse button.

What’s more, please see here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4k7zyeba.aspx, follow the instructions of the ‘Docking Windows’ part, it will help you return the Solution Explorer to the right side of the VS windows.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 7:58 AM
  • Outstanding help!

Thanks Sara, it was *exactly* what I was looking for.

Have a good weekend [it is a long weekend here in Canada]

Saturday, May 21, 2016 1:46 PM
  • Dear del,

I’m so glad to hear that your issue is solved and thank you for your sharing.

BTW, if you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply or your reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

Thank you for your understanding and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Sara

Monday, May 23, 2016 1:18 AM