Where can I download Expression Web from 2007, not 2, 3, or 4? RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I download Expression Web from 2007, not versions 2, 3, or 4?
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:56 AM

All replies

• That was when it was still called Expression Web Designer, and is now referred to as EW1. Perusing the first several Google page returns found two or three download links, like this one, but none that actually work. I'm not sure that it is even still available. Anywhere.

You can google it and see what you find, but I couldn't locate anything in Microsoft's download center, so you may be out of luck. (EDIT: After reading Bill's post reminding me about the download links in the FAQ thread, I checked there, too. Nada. EW2, 3, and 4, but no EW1.)

Out of curiosity, why? There have been leaps and bounds in advancing the product since then, with a slight stumble (cough... EW3... cough), and EW4 is not only cheaper than EW1 was, or EW2, but much more capable, and it comes with Expression Design and Expression Encoder thrown in for $79. Just sayin'...

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:25 AM
  • Thanks, I have been using this one for several years and I switched computers. I have my product code for the EW1, thats why I wanted to install this version.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:44 AM
  • Hmm... you may be out of luck if you didn't hold on to the original DVD, or make a copy of the downloaded installation file, if that's the way you got it. Four years and three major releases is a long time to reasonably expect a vendor to keep making a download available.

AFAIK, there is no way currently to download the Adobe CS2 versions either, which have the same relationship to the current Creative Suite level as EW1 does to EW4, and I doubt you'd have much luck finding a download of MS Office 2000 or XP, either, come to think of it...

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:27 AM
  • Well if you are looking to save money, just download Visual Web Developer Express. It might suit your needs.

It's free, and has pretty much all the same design panes as Expresssion. You can just ignore the Database Explorere panes if you dont need / use databases (but if you do use them, then VWD is the better product anyway).

Oh -- did I mention it's free?

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with FP, Access, Bots and Wizards
    LawOfAllTheLand.org -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET.
    Arvixe -- My favored web host
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:04 AM
  • Thanks, I have used Visual Web Developer in the past, I almost forgot about it.

Thanks for the information.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:14 PM
  • You can download the now free Microsoft Sharepoint Designer 2007. Looks and works just like EW1 and I understand a lot of designers using it still.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21581
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 6:33 PM