Is it possible to create an AssemblyInfo.vb in VB.Net 2005 Express? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I saw a VB.NET 2005 project from a book "Object-Oriented Application Development Using Microsoft Visual Basic.NET" that uses the AssemblyInfo.vb in Chapter 11- Example 1.  I can not create/duplicate that AssemblyInfo.vb file in my VB.NET 2005 Express!!   I wonder whether VB.NET 2005 Express is capable of creating AssemblyInfo.vb file or not.  Is it possible to create an AssemblyInfo.vb in VB.Net 2005 Express?  Please help and advise.

Thanks,

Scott Chang 

Friday, May 2, 2008 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Scott,

If you need to create a brand new AssemblyInfo.Vb file, you can delete the current AssemblyInfo.Vb file(solution explorer->show all files->my project). Then create a new file: Right click your project-> Properties-> Application-> Assembly information-> edit. Actually I recommend that you just edit this file. It is no difference between creating a new file and editing the current file.

Best regards,
    Riquel
    Monday, May 5, 2008 5:41 AM

All replies

• can you not right click on the project > add > new item > Visual Basic > Assembly Information File

?

Friday, May 2, 2008 3:59 PM
  • Hi ahmedilyas,

After the new item, there is no  " Visual Basic > Assembly Information File" in the VB>NET 2005 Express!!!???

Any more thoughts to help me??

Scott Chang

Friday, May 2, 2008 4:24 PM
  • it was just a guess since I do not use the Express editions. perhaps this is one of the limitations, im not sure. What about if you right click the project > properties. Do you see anywhere in there from which you can modify the assembly details?

Friday, May 2, 2008 4:49 PM
  • Scott,

Click on Project > Add Existing Item....

Then goto your 'My Project' Directory and the AssemblyInfo.vb file should be in there.

Hope this helps!

Friday, May 2, 2008 9:14 PM
  • I want to create a brand new AssemblyInfo.vb file in VB.NET 2005 Express that has no such item existing there!!!

Scott Chang

Saturday, May 3, 2008 6:52 PM
  •  

have you tried the suggestion i had given earlier? Smile do you see an option somewhere in the project settings for modifying the assembly information?
    Saturday, May 3, 2008 6:55 PM
  • Hi Scott,

If you need to create a brand new AssemblyInfo.Vb file, you can delete the current AssemblyInfo.Vb file(solution explorer->show all files->my project). Then create a new file: Right click your project-> Properties-> Application-> Assembly information-> edit. Actually I recommend that you just edit this file. It is no difference between creating a new file and editing the current file.

Best regards,
    Riquel
    Monday, May 5, 2008 5:41 AM