none
What is Skaype.exe? RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please tell me what this is and why I see it now every time I start up my pc?

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:04 PM

Answers

• Hi sonikdreem,

From the properties of skaype.exe you provided, it is defined as Microsoft.net assembly Registration utility. The assembly registration tool reads the metadata within an assembly and adds the necessary entries to the registry, but it is named Regasm.exe, please check here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tzat5yw6%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I want to get more information about skaype.exe, but it looks like there is little knowledge about it on the internet.

In case, it is a virus, please use Anti-Virus or Anti-Spyware software to check it for protecting your computer.

If is it safe, you can remove it from the startup list thought Task Manage—Startup and disable it, so it will not start with the computer.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:07 AM