none
Is it possible for a clustered MSMQ to listen on multiple IPs? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a two node cluster (Server 2016 datacenter) where I've added the MSMQ cluster role.  I have two networks this cluster can talk to, 192.168.0.0 and 10.10.0.0.  The message queuing role and server has both cluster IPs added as dependencies.  I've tried adding them as AND as well as OR.  If I run netstat (netstat -abno | findstr 1801) I can see the 192.168.0.0 address is listening on port 1801 but not the 10.10.0.0 cluster IP.  I've tried adding the "BindInterfaceIP" string to the below reg key but it doesn't change anything.  I've went as far as rebooting both nodes after making the registry changes.  I've taken the 192 address offline in the cluster as well as disabled the 192 nic all together.  All networks in the cluster are set for cluster and client.  The firewall is completely turned off on both nodes.  I feel like I'm missing something small to make the cluster listen on the 10.10.0.0 IP as well as the 192.168.0.0 IP.  Has anyone seen this before or have an idea on what else to try?  Is it even possible for a clustered MSMQ to listen on multiple IPs?

Registry Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Clustered QMs\<Clustered Message Queuing Name>\Parameters

Thursday, July 18, 2019 12:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First, make sure you've got the MSMQ Multicast feature installed.
    Then you can refer to the link about MulticastBindIP registry settings in this question and follow the steps.

Best regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Thank you for the reply Drake!  Multicast sends the message out to any server listening doesn't it?  My issue is I have a cluster with two IPs on two different subnets (192.168.1.1 and 10.10.1.1) that I want the cluster to be able to listen for msmq on.  
    Friday, July 19, 2019 4:32 PM
  • MSMQ was able to listen to multiple IP addresses on a cluster In Windows Server 2008:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/johnbreakwell/2008/07/08/msmq-now-able-to-listen-to-multiple-ip-addresses-on-a-cluster/

And this document may help:
    SQL Server Multi-Subnet Clustering (SQL Server)

Best regards,

Drake

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:13 AM