none
Excel 2010 changed format for data validation RRS feed

• Question

• I created a spreadsheet using OpenOffice.  The spreadsheet has data validation rules on some columns.  When I open the spreadsheet using Excel 2007, it works correctly.  When I open the same spreadsheet using Excel 2010,  it gives a warning sayinig that the spreadsheet was downloaded (it was).  When I make it editable, and then save it, the data validation rules are changed (in the xlst zip file), and no longer work.

Here are the validation rules from the original sheet:

Here are the revised data validation after it is saved in excel 2010:

I don't understand the <extList> section. These validations were changed, and no longer work.  I assume that my validation rules are not compatible with excel 2010, but don't know why. Is there a way I can create them so they will be compatable with both versions?

dave

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi dave,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

It's based on my experience that your issue will be better support at Open Xml SDK forum. I will move your thread to that forum, let's see whether it can solved at that place.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:47 AM
  • The last time you moved one for me, it was never responded to.

dave

Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:41 PM
  • Hi Dave,

OK, I will involve some experts into this issue to see whether they can help you. There might be some time delay, thanks for you patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, August 31, 2012 6:11 AM
  • I have not received any reponse to this.  Should I re-post it elsewhere?

dave

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 9:41 AM